• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

hi all

welshman

Apprentice Member
hi all,joined a few weeks ago and had a browse so thought i'd better introduce myself,totally new to wood turning ,but have a boxford and harrison metal lathes and an elliot milling machine ,but have bought a wood lathe to get me started ,other hobbies are fly tying and bit of gardening and bread making
best regards john

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, John,
Welcome aboard, matey, from another newbie. By the time you've browsed all the posts you'll be an expert (like me)!
Regards,
Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome John please try to hang on to your sanity there are a few nutters on here :funny::funny: what do you think Terry :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Morning here John, I have many answers and concrete help for you via a friend of mine in Canada on other forums who stabilises, casts, ties his own flies has made for me pen blanks that include his tied flies a small trace, a hook with Pheasant feathers attached on a white background either side of pen blanks, of late he is making pen blanks with pictures of various fish enclosed in casts, is a master of cartridge pens up to 50mm sizes and makes working wooden locks, Scroll Saw pictures to die for amongst other things. He sells at hunting fishing, shooting gatherings extensively, really the most successful person I know associated with the sort of questions you raised.

In keeping with my friendship for some years with him located near me here in Canberra I have a friend who makes fishing rods from Bamboo in three metre lengths ending up with hand cut, made rods he sells all round the world using Aussie Burl in his handles as a sort of trademark along with hand engraved Silver mountings, he then encases the rods in Leather Carry Cases. He Fly fishes around the world and Australia with his wife.

Now in keeping with my friendships with both of these brilliant people if you send me a pm with your home E Mail I will endeavor to help you in your quest for incredible information. As they are professional guys and wife firstly I will approach them. They both have sites of their own, the penmaker has revealed publicly on other forums a mine of terrific knowledge how to cast simple techniques, sensible economic ways to go about our hobby.

Now this is a particularly busy time for me personally having felled a large tree yesterday and disposing of an enormous amount of trunk , branches as well as so many tasks it will take me less time than the mating of Elephants but will require discretion and activity.

This may help you.

Kind regards Peter.

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Welcome to the forum i was sane before joining this forum :whistling:

Ok I lied i have always been insane :wink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome in John I haven't read any comment s about sheep yet, allow me to be the first.
Mint Sauce.:face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).