PDA

View Full Version : Competition Error!

Jim
02-02-16, 22:02
Guys, i had a PM from Peter today telling me that the voting button had disappeared from the competition thread .. Taking a look at this i soon realised that i had dropped a clanger and set the wrong closing date. I have re-opened the voting again which will now run until next Tuesday.

Can you please take the time to cast your votes again, i am really sorry that this occurred and the problem that it has caused ..

Jim

Dalboy
02-02-16, 22:08
We are all human Jim. You do a great job with the forum and I will go over there and cast a vote which I never did get around to before it disappeared

Bammer
02-02-16, 22:22
Done .. :winking:

Buckeye
02-02-16, 22:41
Actually Jim has PMd me screen shots of the software and it wasn't Jim who had dropped a clanger the software was to blame and Jim has been in touch with the author to see if he can do something about it.

Peter

chas_41_uk
02-02-16, 22:57
Guys, i had a PM from Peter today telling me that the voting button had disappeared from the competition thread .. Taking a look at this i soon realised that i had dropped a clanger and set the wrong closing date. I have re-opened the voting again which will now run until next Tuesday.
Can you please take the time to cast your votes again, i am really sorry that this occurred and the problem that it has caused ..
Jim

Can't be helped Jim. After all you are just human like the rest of us :thumbs:
But I think you've got yourself flustered as we have nominate buttons on this thread :thinks::wink:

Buckeye
02-02-16, 23:10
Can't be helped Jim. After all you are just human like the rest of us :thumbs:
But I think you've got yourself flustered as we have nominate buttons on this thread :thinks::wink:

That's something I also brought up with Jim, but again it is limitations in the software, it will put the button on all posts in a particular forum rather than just a particular thread. so don't click on any nominate box other than for a pen or your vote will be wasted.

Peter

Lons
02-02-16, 23:15
So I'm confused now, (doesn't take much :whistling:). I voted yesterday so is my vote now cancelled and I need to vote again?

Woody
02-02-16, 23:15
Terry another plonker for you big time this one mate LOL

Buckeye
02-02-16, 23:29
So I'm confused now, (doesn't take much :whistling:). I voted yesterday so is my vote now cancelled and I need to vote again?

It's not so much that your vote is cancelled more like it ceased to exist when the software buggered it, so yes, please vote again:kiss:

Peter

Lons
02-02-16, 23:52
Okydoky will do.

wm460
03-02-16, 08:00
The Stress, now I have to work out which I like the most again.:think::think:

Lons
03-02-16, 09:27
The Stress, now I have to work out which I like the most again.:think::think:

I can tell you which one Mark, 'cos I'm not allowed to vote for it :devil: :funny:

billyb_imp
03-02-16, 10:43
These things happen, easily sorted & on we go :thinks: