• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Opinions on a Wedding Pen

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
All,

Going to make a pen for my Sister's wedding to sign the register with, I've already checked with the registry and the church and they are good with a fountain pen that can draw ink from a bottle, they supply the ink.

So, my question for you wonderful people is what would you do in terms of kit and blank?

I have my ideas, but would enjoy hearing from you your thoughts.

Regards,

Gav

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I think the Roman Harvest is the pen for that having done many wedding pens they get my vote every time.
Made in white corian gives the perfect result. My opinion only others will differ but you won't go wrong with that.

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Thank you, was thinking about one of those, but can you only get them from Oz?

Wedding's on the 28th of this month, so is there anywhere in the UK that sells them?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Dunno mate only place i ever got em was from Dave at TB.
If your can find a kit that fits I have the blingy bits spare from some previous work where the guy wanted to be able to change from rollerbal to fountain so he bought 2 kits for one pen.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I to would use the roman harvest or the majestic with white corian or alternative ivory depends on what color the bride is wearing I have done them in purple passion gem stone and several other colors to go with there color scheme

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi Gav,
I agree with the above choices of kits but how about using Holly? If you choose the right blanks they will be pure white.
Regards,
Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The Empress from Axminster is another good choice and they are offering 25% discount on purchases over 10 kits so if you buy 10 in reality you get one free

mattyts

Registered
Thank you, was thinking about one of those, but can you only get them from Oz?

Wedding's on the 28th of this month, so is there anywhere in the UK that sells them?

I ordered from TB and it came 2 days after,shipping is faster from oz to UK than from inside the UK

Jim

Grand Master
White Corian for me also Gav, and i wouldn't argue with any of the already mentioned kits ... :wink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hi Gav,
I agree with the above choices of kits but how about using Holly? If you choose the right blanks they will be pure white.
Regards,
Bob.
This was my introduction to Holly, a piece Sir Woody gave me many moons ago, I fell in love with Holly at first cut, it came of in lovely curly streams right up my arm.
Solid good hard wood that spun so beautifully I wanted to dance all night, takes a ca finish that would put miss world in the shade. It needs so little finishing.
I have used her ever since as faux Ivory and many things, as Bob rightly says and you can see from this my first love so white its almost porcelain.
I now wish I didn't burn the hell out of it. I should have put this blank on a wedding pen but I was young and foolish then and my love was stolen away by a bigger man than I who would care for her better than I could hope to do, for he had riches beyond my wildest dreams.
So you see Holly could be good too.
P1040684resized.jpg

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I only done two wedding sets, first pair I used Emperor hardware both fountain pens, when they were finished I thought they were to big for a small female hand.
The second set I used TB Roman Harvest, fountain pen for the bride and rollerball for the groom.

Attachments

• Warming Chamber Set Up (1) (1) (3).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Again, a thousand thank yous to you all and it's given me plenty to think about!

Will report back, but probably after asking another 20 questions!!!!:tongue:

Gav

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).