• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A trip to Axminster

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Given the sad demise of my little SIP lathe I decided to bite the bullet.

Purchase Order approval not forthcoming for a large lathe just yet I have treated myself to one of these...

Axminster AH-1218

505020_xl.jpg

Did 2 pens this afternoon and I'm very happy with it !

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A great little lathe you will be very happy with it.
If you lived a bit nearer I would have offered to have a look at your sip for you.
If your going to Woody's o the 14th take it along, we'll see what we can do with it, even if its only donate the spare parts to members.

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
A great little lathe you will be very happy with it.
If you lived a bit nearer I would have offered to have a look at your sip for you.
If your going to Woody's o the 14th take it along, we'll see what we can do with it, even if its only donate the spare parts to members.

I'll stick it in the boot, I think it's the variable speed controller, tried new brushes in it 'cos they were worn but didn't help.

I'm not great with electrics so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Same as mine Phil although I got the VS model ..I'm thrilled to bits with it and I'm sure you will be too..:itscool:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Phil it looks the same as the Record 305 I think is the right number and that is a good little lathe

Jim

Grand Master
Phill, this model will do all and more of what you have been turning lately. Pleased to see that you are back in the turning game ... :bwink:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Lovely lathe, Phil. I had the cheapo Ax lathe and it did a sterling job before I benefitted from Terry's largesse and got a CL4. Speaking of Terry,

Nice one Phill and I'll put my multimeter in the car and check your old out your old one for you!!!!!

If your SIP ain't fit for the bin now, it will be after that! :funny::funny::funny:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Speaking of Terry,

If your SIP ain't fit for the bin now, it will be after that! :funny::funny::funny:

On a bright note, my angle grinder will be in the back of me van when at Woody`s, so fitting it in the bin shouldn`t be a problem :bwink::funny::funny:

Had a good look at that Axy lathe the other weekend, looks a nice bit of kit, I'd be interested to hear your experiences of using it when it`s up & running.

Happy turning.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).