• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen stand

Jim

Grand Master
I can't see it taking to long before it is full ... :whistling::whistling:

Please do let us know its quality Woody ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
It arrived today it is great for the Victor, junior gents they fit and stand up very well as for ball point pens not so good I think the holes need to be reamed so that there is a slight bevel in the hole as you can see from the photo the two on the front left are the Victor & junior gents no good at all for slimline pens

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Needs a bit of Woody magic touch methinks ! Sure you hadn't had a drink before to filled it up .

Old Corky

Brother Woody, just my humble opinion, but if it were me I believe I would get a step drill and enlarge at least part of those holes. The reason I say step drill is because the section with the same size keeps the bit centered while the next step drills it bigger. I have done that with plastic holders I have made. I also cut a piece of wood to size and put it underneath, near the drill site as support while drilling. It looks like the existing holes would be fine for slimline pens. but not so good for the larger pens.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The holes are 10mm Corky if I make them any bigger the slimline pens will just fall through I am going to use a tapered reamer just to put a small taper on some of the holes then the pens should stand up better fountain pens and rollerball pens fit perfectly but I'm still going to make my own one out of wood I think they are better then I will have two display stands on my stall

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).