• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

photographs

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Question, to post pictures of my work on the forum, as some members asked me to, HOW? If I take photographs with my phone, filling the frame, will that do? what do I forward them to if they will be ok? Any advice appreciated.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Personally I would upload them directly to the forums their setup is damn goodly and will resize larger pics.
I used to mess about with editors on my confuser but no longer need to simply snap and load and they come out greadly.
Use this thread to experiment init?
Simply click on the upload pic icon in the reply box and select the pic you wanna put in the reply, try it.

Ear yar from phone to confuser and straight into the edit init?

IMG_20160309_113601618.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
I load the pictures to a drive I store all my pictures to once loaded put them into photo editing software and do the necessary then save them for web in documents/my pictures then to load them on here click on insert image which then gives you the option to browse then just choose the image you want and it up loads here a bit of the auld country for ye Bill

Glencoe HDR.jpg

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Nice photo, looks a bit HDR, almost 3D, is it ?

Thanks Steven yes HDR over 5 shots 2 under 2 over it is difficult to catch what you see with the human eye on a camera as the eye has a far greater dynamic range than any camera the colours on this shot are quite real as at certain times of the year they look just like this in the highlands. I did not mean to hijack the thread but thought Bill would appreciate a wee bit of home.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Aye Bob but where is it exactly. HDR is way over my head though. Beautiful picture anyway, making me homesick. Lovely where I live but it aint the same.:sob:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
A fine picture Bob. Is that Glencoe?

Hi Phil and Bill yes that is Glencoe taken in September the Heather is still out but the Autumn was on the way think it is about a 40 minute drive from you Phil and taken near where the wee road from the village joins back up with the main road in the Glasgow direction.

Gizmo3k

Graduate Member
First Name
Alan
Personally I would upload them directly to the forums their setup is damn goodly and will resize larger pics.
I used to mess about with editors on my confuser but no longer need to simply snap and load and they come out greadly.
Use this thread to experiment init?
Simply click on the upload pic icon in the reply box and select the pic you wanna put in the reply, try it.

Ear yar from phone to confuser and straight into the edit init?

View attachment 25056

Go on, do that again with your picture in the picture in the picture (and so on) :wink:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Ah yes, you mean near the Clachaig Inn. Yer secret's oot Bob

I wish Phil I have spent many an hour there sorting out the Jukebox or the puggy (fruit machine) and getting eaten by midges on the way out to the car.

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
We have spent several nights there in the old campervan that we had. Wish I could match your prowess with a camera, what is all that jargon, camera wise about?
I took lots of pictures of my turnings, pens and others, with my camera, could not get them onto my laptop, tried the same with my phone with the same no result, back to the drawing board!

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
We have spent several nights there in the old campervan that we had. Wish I could match your prowess with a camera, what is all that jargon, camera wise about?
I took lots of pictures of my turnings, pens and others, with my camera, could not get them onto my laptop, tried the same with my phone with the same no result, back to the drawing board!
Why's that I wonder Bill?:thinks:

If your camera and phone are saving your photos to a memory card, which they probably are, when you connect them to your computer, you need to search for the DCIM file, not the camera file. Does that help, or am I barking up the wrong tree? - perhaps you have a different problem.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Hi Bill,

As Phil says you will have a memory card in the camera and in the phone although the memory card in the phone will be very small in physical size. There are 2 ways to get the photo's into your PC when you bought the camera you should have had in the box a wee cable with a USB plug on one end and a small (tiny) plug on the other the tiny end goes into the camera and the bigger one plugs into the PC when you connect the camera to the PC switch the camera on the PC will recognize that a USB device has been connected and will download a driver automatically just let this happen it only does this the first time you connect the camera any time after it just recognizes the camera. If you now click start and my computer it will give you a list of drives and you will see the camera listed as a drive double click and you should see all your pictures you can then copy and paste which photo's you want to keep into a folder of your choice.
Mobile phone works the same way but to complicate things further you can download via WiFi.

The second method of getting pictures on your PC is via the card in the camera itself but you need a card reader for this some PC's and laptops have these built in and this is quicker and I prefer this method but you need to take the card out of the camera and into the slot in the PC.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).