• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Similar 41

visage77

Apprentice Member
First Name
neil
Hi all

Thinking of trying casting! A lot of our american brothers swear by similar 41 pr, can it be bought in the UK, or is there something else I should be using? Please bear in mind I do not have a pressure pot and have no intention of getting one just yet!! Just thinking of trying to make a few of my own blanks!!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I tried casting a few things in Polyurethane resin many years ago without a pressure pot and got bubbles, lots of bubbles! Not had the same problem with Epoxy or Polyester though.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).