• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Segmented bowl software

The Wood Bucket

Here is a link to a segmented bowl design software. I have nothing to do with the company, and make no money from it. I am just putting the link out there in case anyone is looking for a program that works. I have the software and it works well. you can design more then just bowls. He also offers a 30 day trial download. Just make sure you are ready to use it and have time to do it before you download the trial version/

Segmented Turning.com - Home of the Segmented Project Planner

Also you can share designs with others that are using the software. :thumbs:

Jim if this post is in wrong spot feel free to move it.

Jim

Grand Master
I have just taken a quick look at this Gary, and it is something that i am very interested in, as i have stated in another posts on here i intend to have a go at segmented bowls in 2013 .. Good link mate. Did you find it easy to follow? :thinks:

The Wood Bucket

Did you find it easy to follow? :thinks:

It has a small learning curve, but the guy who made it is very good about answering question and I can try to help you as much as I can. I can tell you the bowl with the maple and bloodwood I designed in a drawing program, and then calculated every cut that had to be made and that took forever. With this software you just input some dimensions and wood types and it does the rest. It will also tell you how much material costs will be if you update the prices to your local supplier. It does come with several ready to good designs that you can do as is or customize to fit your needs. :thinks:

Another thing about segmented bowls is you will never turn end-grain. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Will come back to this when warmer weather is here, don't want to download it to early, if i find i can't use the damn thing ... :ciggrin:

Another thing about segmented bowls is you will never turn end-grain. :thumbs:

Don't want it to easy now ... :whistling:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I took a look at this also, and i am like Jim wanting to have a go at a segmented bowl. The programme you link to is very informative and i will certainly be comming back to this. :thumbs:

I used to look at this site Segmented Turnings but that is all i did look. Nothing as sophistocated as the one in the OP but it may suit someone. :nooidea:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).