• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A nice Euro (well I think so, anyway, so nerrrr!

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Euro 1-horz.jpg

Hi, guys,

Made this Euro up this morning using one of Merv's blanks. Grits up to 12000 then polished with Brasso. As usual, my poor-quality (and dusty!) scanner does the pen no credit, but I'm quite pleased with the effect of the silver and black blank and gunmetal fittings.

Bob.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Bloody hell Bob that's nice:claps: A really nice colour combo and well finished too.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Well done Bob, it looks like there are three or four colours in that blank, no matter how many it has it has turned out to be a good one ... :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, guys,
Thank you for your kind comments - they warm the cockles of my heart!

Jim, there is black, red and silver in the blank - and that dark silver seems to go with the gunmetal whereas chrome would have been too bright.

Phill, the blank is one of Merv's. Check out his shop and see. Or if he's watching he might give you the name of it.

Terry, ever since I posted this I've had the weirdest feelings going up and down my spine - like continous shudders. Waiting for the axe to fall, I suppose!

Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).