• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Red Squirrel on Feeder Intarsia

Claymore

Apprentice Member
First Name
Brian
Hi,
Here's a quick Intarsia project I have made inbetween the big stuff, Its made from Iroko,Sycamore/Walnut and Beech and has real metal mesh on the feeder. It measures approx 16" x 8" x 3" and I used a 3" round stob (Fence post) for the inside of the feeder (sliced in half)
A nice little project and love the Iroko for the red squirrel the colour works well. My next project is a large Horse and then its the Giant Kite.

Cheers
Brian

Attachments

• Squirrel on Feeder Intarsia (Small).jpg
    Squirrel on Feeder Intarsia (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 52

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I agree about the right wood for the squirrel it is just right. A great piece and finished well

Claymore

Apprentice Member
First Name
Brian
Cheers Terry, No the pattern is a Judy Gale Roberts one but I have changed the feeder so it looks more like the ones we have here in Scotland (hers is much taller with no wire mesh)

Cheers
Brian

Claymore

Apprentice Member
First Name
Brian
Thanks everyone! glad you like it. I have been buying some more hardwoods today and got some lovely Meranti and Beech etc and best of all it was cheap:winking:

Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).