• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Copper Wire Sierra.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
One of my 'want to have a go at' pens. Is a Copper Wire wound and soldered Blank and turned into a pen.
As 'Woody' posted turning soft metal on a wood lathe is not too hard.*So I had a go today.

PenKit - Sierra Upgrade Gold.
Blank - 18AWG Copper Wire, Lead-Free Solder.Capped each end with Green Polyester (needed to so as to keep ends tidy)
Finish - Loads of Sanding up 12000 grit and Brasso - 4 coats CA and more Micromesh.

The soldering and sanding was the hardest bit... Woody was right as expected - Cheers
And Cheers 'Bellringer' for pdf file on how to do this.

2013-09-16 16.19.44.jpg

Comments Welcomed

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Bloody well done Rowdy it is just having the confidence to try Brass or aluminum next rock on Rowdy :rock::rock:

Jim

Grand Master
Can't believe how quick you got this done Rowdy, it only seems hours ago you was asking for the instructions ... :bwink: And a fine job you made of it, it looks very nice indeed .. Does it feel heavy BTW ...

It is because I have been reading Rowdy's posts that the name stuck in my thick brain!!!!!:sob::sob::sob:

Plonker!!

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Can't believe how quick you got this done Rowdy, it only seems hours ago you was asking for the instructions ... :bwink: And a fine job you made of it, it looks very nice indeed .. Does it feel heavy BTW ...

Plonker!!

It is a little heavier, definately a man's pen weight.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).