• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Coloured tubes.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I've seen in a few site people asking how to colour pen tubes. I use Sharpies & the colour quickly, easily & dry almost immediately. I've had no problem with the colour lifting when glue is applied & there is no wastage like you have with over spray. These ones are dark blue, red & purple.
image.jpeg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a good idea, Bill:thumbs:

Peter

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
CA glue doesn't seem to have any effect Vic. I've coloured my tubes this way for a long time now & it works ok.

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Great idea and I bought a whole pack of sharpies a while ago which I have never used up until now at least

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nice idea bill I use a permanent marker pen but they are limited colours so I will get some of them there sharpie pens thanks Bill

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).