• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Short pencils 2, 3 & 4

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
3 of 4 pencils completed.

Had another request today from one of their customers wanting two with clips.. :tongue: Happy times..

Only problem is a little thing called "work" and a bungalow refurbishment gets in the way..:sob:

I will post the clip ones when they are done..

Second picture just felt like doing something on a different background..:thinks:

Attachments

• short pencil-2.JPG
    short pencil-2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Short pencils-Nov 11.JPG
    Short pencils-Nov 11.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 36

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Eamonn, it is not often I agree with Terry ( :tongue: ) but that first one is something special. What is the material?

Thanks for that, much appreciated, and I know how much it must hurt to agree with Terry :tongue:

Corian in Mediterranean colour.

Colours or Corian can be found here if you have not seen them before..

The Colours of Corian®

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice pens Eamonn, you have our permission to throw a few days on sick to finish your commissions .. Mike, this is the stuff that i thought that i had placed in the boot of my car, but didn't ... :whistling:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Eamonn,
Very nice indeed, sir! And thanks for the link to Corian - I never knew they did so many colours!
Bob.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Hi, Eamonn,
Very nice indeed, sir! And thanks for the link to Corian - I never knew they did so many colours!
Bob.

No problem, its really nice material to work with, but if you buy it from any of the e bay suppliers you will find that its sized at a standard size of 12.5mm square, Now when you get it you will think that it's a bit thin, don't be alarmed as It's better drilled in the lathe as its far more accurate than any other method of drilling the blank of this size.

Corian have started to manufacture the thicker sizes and are very good. But be aware that some of he bigger blanks from some of the suppliers that can be made up of several pieces of 12.5mm glued, so there would be a joint if you buy them..

My advice is if you opt to buy the big blanks then ask them if its one piece or if its a glued blank..

If you have a look on the Corian website you will get an idea of what sizes they do.

Hope this helps..

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).