• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

My first day in my workshop since our gathering

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Our David told me we need some mushrooms for the kids to color in our Christmas shop so today I cut up all my thin logs and I ended up with 70 bits of wood I could only turn 66 of them as 4 were to thin for my jaws and I was to cream crackered to set up my wood jaws they are straight of the tool no sanding and no finish it isn't needed the kids will be painting them

Attachments

• DSCF1502 (2).JPG
    DSCF1502 (2).JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1504 (2).JPG
    DSCF1504 (2).JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 42

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Ha-Ha! Woody, I love 'em. And so will the kids when they get their grimy mitts and brushes all over 'em!
You are a lovely guy, matey!!!
Bob.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Blimey Woody you'd put a production turner to shame :eeeeek:

Great mushrooms I`m sure the kids will love painting those. :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
A nice days work Woody, painting these will keep the grandkids busy for a few hours ... :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
A nice days work Woody, painting these will keep the grandkids busy for a few hours ... :bwink:

There not for the Grandchildren Jim there for the general public hopefully whilst the kids are coloring them Mum n Dad will be at a loos end and spend a few thousand quid in my shop
LOL

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Last time I saw that many mushrooms we'd been eating them, what a night that was (I think) :goesred:

I've always loved the look of these and you do them very well.

Can't believe that's a days production, if I did them, you could grow them quicker :funny:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Woody, you're amazing..... Love the idea of getting the kids to paint them while Mum and Dads in the shop..:rock:
On your grand opening post a quick picture of the shop and all the goodies before the rush....

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Woody,

Well done with your Mushrooms et al. It is fun when you develop a system and with you it shows. I admire your work and look forward to your posts.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thanks Peter yes I do work to system's when I need to turn a lot of the same items and as you say it works 70 mushrooms 6 bowls what ever but most of all I enjoy just turning for my own entertainment and exploring new things

Thank you to all of you for your replies to my work you are all very kind

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Probably more Mike I had bags more energy then and no broken back and I only slept for 4 hours a night but I have been retired for over 20 years now

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).