• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

segmented fish

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Hi All,
Another practice piece I started today. A segmented fish in 1/2" thick Maple cut with an Olson #2 Crown Tooth blade/s (I broke 1). First time trying these blades and they worked very well. Should finish it in the morning hopefully.

Attachments

• segmented_fish_2.jpg
    segmented_fish_2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 73

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
Looking forward to see the progress on this Don just started getting interested in scrolling I have an old SIP scroll saw and have only ever made a house sign years ago on it last week I bought a new scroll saw so hope tp learn on that.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
A great start Don I presume this is going to be a Intarsia piece. I hope you enjoy the scrolling as much I do.

donwatson

Fellow
First Name
Donald
Thanks All for your kind words.
@ Terry Q, this is one of the last exercises in the book I am learning from.
It is a segmented piece and will be painted with Acrylic paint and sprayed with Acrylic Satin Varnish (hopefully) :whistling:
I still have some exercises to do mainly the angled cuts for inlay etc.and I am just following the book with regard to blades to use etc. I used the #2 crown as I had taken delivery of a pack of #2 and a pack of #5 blades and just thought to try them out.
I really am liking this scroll saw cutting thingy and have already bought some books on Intarsia so I need to get a lot of practice in. As well as practice it is invaluable the advice that is given on forums like this I truly appreciate it.
@ dalboy, just a little segmented exercise, I hope it turns out ok.

take care
Don W

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It look great so far, looking forward to seeing it finished:thumbs:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's superb, Don, really well done:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).