• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First attempt at a Segmented Vessel

retreatjohn

2013-09-19 10.41.07.jpg
This is my first attempt at segmenting, Beech and I believe Sapele, 12 rings of 12 segments with a top and bottom solid ring = 146 pieces.
Finished with a Wipe-on Poly wax called 'Min-Wax' and a coat of Renaissance Micro-Crystalline Wax. Size is 180mm tall, 130mm diameter across.
Comments welcome, John

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
At orf to ya John a complicated little vase there.
Nicely shaped and well finished, a lot of effort gorn into that.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nice vase John you have more patient's than me as much as Id like to do one I know Id never finish it well done

Pete B

Registered
Hi John,

this is lovely, very nice form. The segments look perfect which i imagine is very difficult.
Very very nice.
I've never even attempted anything like this and don't know whether i would have the patience or skill.

Regards

Pete

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Well beyond my paygrade, sir! Excellent! Some step-by-step pics would be very nice when you get the chance.

And, in deference to Brian: I never suspected my old man of pilfering from his roadworks job, but when I got home all the signs were there.

Jim

Grand Master
John, this is a lovely vase, well shaped, uniformed segments and a super finish ...Well done ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).