• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Silicone Casting Moulds

Jim

Grand Master
I emailed this guy a few months ago regarding his items, but the postage he gave me was ridiculously high so i gave him a miss. His moulds do look very good though ... Casting Moulds :bwink:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Casting my own blanks is still a way off for me .....lots of basics to get to grips with yet.:phew:

Incognitouk

I'm in the midst of making some casting molds from RTV silicone, might have to look into making some of these as well, my problem would be not knowing the different pen sizes though :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Stuart, if you do get into making these moulds all you need to do is tell us here and i am sure some samples could be posted off to you ... :bwink:

Incognitouk

What i don't quite get though is the cast would still need to be turned on these? I'm guessing its like a resin saver type of affair you cast to the length and close to the diameter required?

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
They are resin savers but they are also used for clear casting where the tube is decorated before casting ..eg stamps or photos or steampunk jim you could make these you have all the gear come to think of it so do I :thinks: Frankie.

Jim

Grand Master
They are resin savers but they are also used for clear casting where the tube is decorated before casting ..eg stamps or photos or steampunk jim you could make these you have all the gear come to think of it so do I :thinks: Frankie.

Frankie, i have reached the stage where i would sooner pay for it than make it ... I just don't have time to do anything at the moment ... :down:

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
I know what you mean I'm going to start telling people no.... they ask me to do jobs for them as love jobs and its taking me out of the shed I only get the weekend and recently its working on other peoples projects :down:Frankie .

Skil Phil

I emailed this guy a few months ago regarding his items, but the postage he gave me was ridiculously high so i gave him a miss. His moulds do look very good though ... Casting Moulds :bwink:

I have bought from Fred. Have 3 of his molds. Great quality.
Shipping to South Africa was the same as other vendors.
I always stipulate them using USPS flat rate. A lot cheaper than other methods of shipping.
Have never lost a parcel in 13 odd years.
Maybe ask him for a different shipping quote.

Phil

PTownSubbie

Apprentice Member

Jim,

Sorry for the confusion on shipping charges. The molds will ship in normal flat rate boxes with actual costs charged. My limited shipping cart operations doesn't calculate international shipping correctly. On the bottom of the pages, it recommends emailing me for actually shipping costs.

If you want to give them a try, send me a PM or email with what you are looking for and I will work you up the shipping charges and send you a PayPal invoice. You can expect normal charges though.

Thanks!

Fred

Jim

Grand Master
Jim,

Sorry for the confusion on shipping charges. The molds will ship in normal flat rate boxes with actual costs charged. My limited shipping cart operations doesn't calculate international shipping correctly. On the bottom of the pages, it recommends emailing me for actually shipping costs.

If you want to give them a try, send me a PM or email with what you are looking for and I will work you up the shipping charges and send you a PayPal invoice. You can expect normal charges though.

Thanks!

Fred

Thanks Fred, i will leave this invitation open for a few days to see if we have any more interest from members here, so we can order at the same time ... :thumbs:

PTownSubbie

Apprentice Member
Thanks Fred, i will leave this invitation open for a few days to see if we have any more interest from members here, so we can order at the same time ... :thumbs:

Jim,

"Group Buys" can be a way to save money by splitting the shipping. I have done a few group buys for groups in Australia.

Let me know and Thanks!

Fred

PTownSubbie

Apprentice Member

Jim,

Have you had any interest in this as of yet? It has been more than a week and I wasn't sure what the timing might be.

Thanks!

Fred

johnny5

Registered
Bought some silicone molds of eBay from a guy in the UK. They are 20mm blanks and 150mm long. Great molads, he also does the mold that can be used for inserting the brass tube in before setting the acrylic, great for personalised blanks. He sells regularly for about £15 each including p&p. I have used them but have now made my own molds using 25 mm and 22mm plastic plumbers tubing cut to length taped off the ends securing the pipe upright using pipe holders . The result is perfect round acrylic blanks and use less acrylic as the blank is round.. saved loads making my own blanks and they are all original.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Bought some silicone molds of eBay from a guy in the UK. They are 20mm blanks and 150mm long. Great molads, he also does the mold that can be used for inserting the brass tube in before setting the acrylic, great for personalised blanks. He sells regularly for about £15 each including p&p. I have used them but have now made my own molds using 25 mm and 22mm plastic plumbers tubing cut to length taped off the ends securing the pipe upright using pipe holders . The result is perfect round acrylic blanks and use less acrylic as the blank is round.. saved loads making my own blanks and they are all original.
Well done you.:ciggrin::ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).