• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Colouring polyester resin.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
I am thinking of making my own swirly coloured blanks but I don't know what type of pigments to use.
Using polyester resin I want solid colouring. Please could somebody point me in the right direction as to what and where? :praying:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Get the pigment pastes, if you get all the ones here you will be able to mix any colour you want.

Peter

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Thanks for that Jim, Mica powder, do you mix the powder straight into the resin and stir it well in, then add other colours and make it swirl? And also, do you mix the colours and then add the hardener?

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I started with THESE which are ideal for solid colours and you can mix any colour you want with just the five in the pack and I am adding different mediums but mica powder give a nice effect

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).