• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Majestic Fountain Pen Versus Roman Harvest Fountain Pen

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I have been asked to make a "special" pen for a friend for Christmas which will be a surprise. I was going to get a Majestic Fountain pen kit ( never seen one made up) for him but recently I have made up a Roman Harvest Fountain pen which I showed on the forum this week.
Now I have a predicament as to which pen to make!!!!!!

Has anyone turned both pens to give me some idea??? I know the Roman Harvest is about half the price but that doesn't come into the equation.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Your best bet mate is to make one up and then decide between the two sorry mate I cant help you if you had ask me which one I would prefer to receive then it would be the roman harvest

Jim

Grand Master
Two very nice pens Terry, me, i would go for the Majestic Fountain Pen i made one of these for a friends Father it is a stunning pen ... :thumbs: I have also made the RH pen which also is a beautiful pen, but the Majestic just edges it ... :winking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Now that's put the cat among the pigeon's Jim you say one I say the other poor ol Terry will be totally confused now bet he has an headache coming on now :funny::funny::funny::funny:
Hope no one else comes on and says the spring Blossom :funny::funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I am not so sure I agree with Jim sorry to say.
The old Majestic kit was a good kit but once again the quality has dropped over the years and quiet dramaticly in my opinion.
I have been dsiappointed with all kits and there quality of late.
I still have one of the old Majestic kits in its box that I was saving for someone special (yes boxed).
All of the so called high end kits have suffered decline, David at TB is doing something about it but still not enough as yet.
Perhaps I am just being to fussy but these things ain't cheap and we are trying to produce a quality item with crap in a lot of cases.
I would like for you to buy a Majestic and let us know what you think of it then compare it with my old kit.
Woody posted a kit today that is an old one with 5 pieces to make it and all metal parts just see the quality of waht is in that kit compared to what we work with now.
Save a load of money and get what you think looks nicest because they are all made the same now in the same factories, Dayacom being one of the better ones that we can obtain.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I'll tell you which way to go mate, pm your address and i'll send you my kit, you buy a Roman Harvest, make em bofe up give the nicest to your friend and sell the other.
Make a donation to H4H Georges favourite charity.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Got your message will post at weekend. enjoy the experiment, be sure to show us what becomes of it would be interested in your findings.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Some more kits for your consideration Terry now dont get to confused take a deep breath and relax now just in case you forget breath out LOL:funny::funny:
19.JPG12.JPG31.JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).