• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

The Substitute.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Seeing that Mrs Ed does a brisk trade in wedding cakes, I have it in mind that a few wedding pens in a display case in her shop might just attract some loving couples to part with some extra cash on their 'big day'. This, my first try at one, did not go to plan...it was to be a nice Opal Pearl poly resin blank on the Roman Harvest kit, but , due to a silly error on my part the blank is no more .:sob: Next best was this Ivory coloured acrylic blank which saved the day. Sorry about the photo and the garden backdrop, but that white is a sod to photograph but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to produce. C & Cs welcome

Ed

Attachments

• P1050080-3.JPG
    P1050080-3.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 52

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Very nice job Ed. The turning looks spot on and I bet it looks even better in real life!!!!!:thumbs:

Yep it does look better in the flesh ,Terry ..it was difficult to show the finish on the photo ; it's probably due to the glare coming off the white.

Jim

Grand Master
That is a great looking pen Ed, i hope this idea hits off for you my friend .. Great picture also ... :thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Ed, lovely pen.

Why only pens for the happy couple, these would also make superb gifts for the wedding party, bridesmaids, ushers etc, even gifts from the bride to groom & vice versa, doesn't have to be the 'one' that signs the register my friend. You could actually do a Wedding party 'set' as such - bride, groom, 3 bridesmaids & 3 ushers say, 8 pens as a set etc. Just an idea :bwink::bwink:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Ed, lovely pen.

Why only pens for the happy couple, these would also make superb gifts for the wedding party, bridesmaids, ushers etc, even gifts from the bride to groom & vice versa, doesn't have to be the 'one' that signs the register my friend. You could actually do a Wedding party 'set' as such - bride, groom, 3 bridesmaids & 3 ushers say, 8 pens as a set etc. Just an idea :bwink::bwink:

Thanks for that input Steven.......there is much food for though in what you are suggesting. ..and who knows...'wedding sets'.......it could well come to that..

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for that input Steven.......there is much food for though in what you are suggesting. ..and who knows...'wedding sets'.......it could well come to that..

Don't forget your roots Ed, you made it here remember .... :banana: Once you make your millions you wont want to know us minions ... :tongue:

Attachments

• pic_1.JPG
    pic_1.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 2
  • pic_2.JPG
    pic_2.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 2

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I can't look at that pen......sends a shiver down my spine.

Not that there's anything wrong with the pen, it looks great, :claps: it`s the thought of weddings & marriage :blahblahblah::blahblahblah: :funny::funny::funny:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is one mighty fine pen Ed well done me ol cocker as a thought for you when we lived in lincs a local posh car hire business R / R I used to supply him with in white and ivory fountain pens, ball point pens for guest to put there comments in the book perfume atomizers, perfume applicators (pens) oyster clocks, and I gave him a card with slices of all the different color gem stones for bridesmaid, best man, parents gifts also I used to supply a Taylor in Kent with all manner of wedding accessories just a few ideas for you to kick around the R/R car hire was the most rewarding of the lot and you could put your prices up in them sort of places

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).