• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Aldi Again

MikeD

Registered
Aldi are now selling an electric chainsaw for £54.99 with an Oregon blade and chain.
Motor is 2200 watts

Looks very similar to the one I bought last month for £70 :sadmo:

sbwertz

First Name
Sharon
I am not familiar with the brands on your side of the pond, but I do want to say that I have been very happy with all three of my electric chainsaws. I simply can't pull a recoil starter on a gas tool any more. (bad shoulders.) I have a little 10" Remington electric pole saw that I remove from the pole and use for small jobs. (It is JUST my size!) I also have a 30 year old electric McCulloch 14" that is still cranking along (had to replace the switch last year.) My newest is an 18 inch Craftsman (Sears) for the big mulberry crowns I have to cut up. All three do a great job. I can't see that a gas saw would be any better (except for the big 48" Stihl pro models.) Sharon

Jim

Grand Master
I agree Sharon, the Stihl models are very hard to beat, hence their price. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).