• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Penturners Picture puzzles

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Here is a little picture puzzle, lets see if we can get it started. :thumbs:

Puzzle Quiz Number 1

Tell me what you believe should be in the grid with the question mark, and how you worked it out? :bwink:

View attachment 73

Jim

Grand Master
Good idea Tony, do you want the answer in the post or via a PM? :nooidea:

Anyway i have sent you a PM with my answer ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Got the pm mate, and yes it would be better sending me the answers by pm rather than replying in the thread. :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Jim
The Wood Bucket
mattyd

The correct answer is the number of black dots in each grid increases by 1 each time, starting with the top left grid and working to the right, top row then bottom row.

The above members gave the correct answer.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Picture puzzle #2

What do you think the missing time should be in the end watch, and how did you work it out? :thumbs: Again answer by pm guys. :bwink:

View attachment 74

Jim 1
The Wood Bucket 1
mattyd 1

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The follwing members gave the correct answer.

Jim
The Wood Bucket
Mattyd

The Correct Answer

Starting with the watch on the left, add 42 minutes to the time shown to give the time on the next watch to the right. :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
:idontknow::mooney2:

ive just wasted at least a double malt whisky and a sheet of a4 trying to work it out...

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
didnt see this before mate, i read #3 before this :funny: but will now have a go in #3 :devil:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Yes it was a little difficult, out of 3 guesses i have no winners today. :rolling:

The answer is 6 :thumbs:

Looking at the diagram in rows, the central circle equals half the sum of the numbers in the other circles to the left and right of the centre.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Picture puzzle #4

Now it is getting a little tougher. Which number replaces the question mark and completes the puzzle? Answer by pm please. :thumbs:

View attachment 76

Jim 2
The Wood Bucket 2
Mattyd 2

Jim

Grand Master
Excuse me, but it has not just got a little tougher, to me it has always been tough and i have had to work hard on trying to work them out ... :rolling:

And here is me showing off because i am keeping up with the leaders. :funny:

Anyway no PM sent as yet, this needs a little more time ... :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).