• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Drum Sander

Jim

Grand Master
nimrod, is that an early model made by Jet?? :thinks:

Nice to see that picture my friend ... :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
This is the one that i got nimrod, it is a Jet 10-20 Plus ...

drum_sander.JPG

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
Looks yours is the GT version, not really sure of its age but it works really well its a bit on the wide side copes well with 12 inch planks. On another note thank you for your expertise and patience it is very much appreciated.

Jim

Grand Master
Looks yours is the GT version, not really sure of its age but it works really well its a bit on the wide side copes well with 12 inch planks. On another note thank you for your expertise and patience it is very much appreciated.

Not a problem at all nimrod .. :thumbs:

Do you use the sander for segmenting work? That is the reason that i bought mine, i did look at the Jet 16-32 which is the next one up to mine, but the war office was giving me the "No ferking way" look so i walked out with this one and very quiet ... :whistling:

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
Thanks Jim I sand the back plate and the letter plate to the thickness required then I stick a photo copy of the lettering on the letter plate and cut around them with a scroll saw, not got the artistic flair to do them freehand.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).