• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

New Bolt Action Tec Pen

walshjp17

Penn State Industries has released another new component set call the Tec Bolt Action. This one has an antique brass plating and is dressed in Mazzucchelli Cebloplast (Autumn is the name of the blank). The kit also offers the option of adding a stylus rather than a flat top finial.

Attachments

• Tec Bolt 1.jpg
    Tec Bolt 1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Tec Bolt 2.JPG
    Tec Bolt 2.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 46

Jim

Grand Master
John, i like the concept of the pen, but for me i would have liked to see the fat end at the top tapering down to the nib ... Again i like the two contrasting colours, you certainly have an eye for this ... :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Fifth visit to this one, I still can't bring myself to like the kit.
Is it the antiquing that makes it look unfinished?
Are they machine lines around it?
Clip held in with Phillips screws looks a bit amateurish to me and a stylus on the end?
If you had made it yourself in your own workshop I would think its great but for a company to produce it commercially I find sad.
I think I have made my mind up.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Good piece of work, matey, but like some of the other posters I'm not sure about the kit. Stick with that blank, though, I reckon it'll look gorgeous on other pens!
Bob.

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I love it but my wife tells me I'm due at Specsavers.

Its truly awful. Why retain the "Bolt" label and strip away all else that is to do with a rifle/bullet? I'd rather turn a polaris, but thanks for posting it, sorry we've all been negative but I can't see this one kicking off.

Jim

Grand Master
Neil, exactly what you say, it is the kit and not the workmanship nor the O/P we criticise here, I believe the original bolt action pens to be more superior ... :thinks:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I love it but my wife tells me I'm due at Specsavers.

Its truly awful. Why retain the "Bolt" label and strip away all else that is to do with a rifle/bullet? I'd rather turn a polaris, but thanks for posting it, sorry we've all been negative but I can't see this one kicking off.

Neil, exactly what you say, it is the kit and not the workmanship nor the O/P we criticise here, I believe the original bolt action pens to be more superior ... :thinks:

Yes I fully agree with you guys...

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Excellent workmanship in the making of the pen. The blank is well polished and looks great.

The jury is out on this one for me..

Neil, I have a Polaris kit going spare if you are disparate.:ave_it:

Thanks Damon but on reflection I decided I wasn't that desparate!!!!

Jim

Grand Master
John, had the nib been of similar size to the bolt mechanism i believe that this pen would have been a big hit ... :wink:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Thanks for all your comments. I do have to say although the pen is quite the clunker, the bolt mechanism works much better than the original ... most likely because of the shortened arm.

John,

The Mark 2 from TB works a treat with the shortened arm and is a much better engineered pen than the original from TB or from PSI

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).