• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

hello

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Hello people. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Yorkshire born and bred and lived in North Wales for close on thirty years now. Currently getting my garage set up as a workshop so I can make any thing to do with wood. Started making pens a couple of months back, fascinating hobby.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hello Y/M and welcome to the site. I agree with you that pen making is fascinating, and very addictive :whistling: Hope you stay with us and share your projects, its good to learn. :thumbs:

This also from a fellow Y/M from W. Yorks :bwink:

Jim

Grand Master
Hello Keith, a big welcome to Penturners ... :thumbs: Now you are not going to believe what i am going to tell you ... :bwink:

Tony is from Wakey, he is a guy i used to work with for a very long time and soon found out that we had many things in common, wood-turning among them, now i am born a bred in Knottingley, and still live here. Coincidence or what. :thinks:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Scary that Jim. I used to live in Gillann Street. Used to do most of my boozing, until I left, in the low club and the jolly.

Jim

Grand Master
Aye both clubs still going well Keith, if you can remember a little snicket to the right of the Jolly leading towards Sunny Bank, that is where i live now. But lived in Broomhill from 65-75 from which i have great memories. Did you move through work Keith?

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome matey, unbelievable seeing you and Jim are from the same place, im in Bradford so a Yorkie myself, i also know Andy and Jim. :thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I joined McAlpines when they built the M62 back in 1973 and have been travelling ever since. Met the wife when I was working near wrexham in 1987 and settled in the area. Don't get back much now as my dad died last year but one of my brothers still lives in Ferrybridge. In fact I was talking to my old mate Jacko only yesterday reminiscing over the old days. I know the snicket very well with the amount of time I used to spend in the Jolly lol. Knew lots of folk from Broomhill as well.

Jim

Grand Master
I got your name from the email used to join the site, hence where i got Kenny from ... :ciggrin: I bet i have seen you in the past as i have visited the same watering holes you mentioned far more than i want to mention ... :goesred:

I don't believe i know your Steven ... :thinks:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
thanks for that Jim mate, hope to get some photos on the site next week for some constructive criticism

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).