• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi all

Edward Po

Hello everyone:

I am new here and I am from Singapore. My main interests is in pen making. Hope to learn and make more friends:winking:

Regards
Edward Po

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome to the best pen making forum in the Universe !

There's a lot of talented people on here (me excluded) who will be more than happy to help you I'm sure.

Why not show us some of your work ?

Phill

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Edward

Great that you could join us ..you will be made very welcome here .:thumbs:

Ed

Edward Po

Hello everyone:

What can I say about you guys? In a short span of 3 hours and after my late dinner (Yes, it is late evening now in my part of the world) I receviced 8 welcome replies from you guys:thumbs: Unlike some other forum that I have joined I really feel welcomed, more important I already felt at home here.

While at the subject of being a newbie here, allow me to self introduce myself here. I am a 57 years old Singaporean Chinese and I am a mechanical engineer by trade (I know what you guys are thinking: Why is a mechanical guy doing in this wood working forum?). Currently I operates a small machine shop. My main interest is segmented pen making, being very new here, I have nothing to show. However, in the coming future I will certainly post photo of pens that I am going to make with my own hands, by then I hope you guys will not fall off from your chair after laughing out loud!

Although, an mechanical engineer by training and semi retired I loved to designed and build my own machine, tooling etc. (Machine that I have build includes my own woodturning lathe, Disc and belt sander) I am now looking at designing my own bandsaw. I know I can buy these machines but nothing beats the joy of operating machine that you have build with your own pair of hand. Any comment or criticism are most welcome.:bwink:

Lastly, please forgive me for my poor english standard.

Looking forward to making more friends here while at the same time improve my wood working skill here

Cheers
Edward Po

Edward Po

Hi Edward,
It's a bit cooler here than Singapore but you can be sure of a warm welcome
I used to live in Singapore, but that was back in 1995

Mike

How long had you lived in Singapore? The whole island has changed alot, you may not be able to find your way around the island with all the changes:face:

Welcome to the best pen making forum in the Universe !

There's a lot of talented people on here (me excluded) who will be more than happy to help you I'm sure.

Why not show us some of your work ?

Phill

You are very humble in your reply, however I don't believe you!:tongue:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Welcome welcome sir enjoy and be happy from a softy Southerner I will deal with you latter Steven remind me were are you from originally LOL Southerner

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).