• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Doug asked differences across the grain or with it cocobolo

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Easy to see when compared With the Grain Cocobolo.

Cut across the grain Cocobolo.

Rare as Cocobolo burl fetches a real premium. Like life as you turn down the view changes.

What you and me are up against all dealers have their pick their dealers have their pick, like the parable said you have to kiss a thousand toads before you get the handsome prince or so we told our girls hoping they would not put us to the test however we have a number of sons in law.:thinks:

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0010-001.JPG
    DSCF0010-001.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0008-001.JPG
    DSCF0008-001.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 41

Jim

Grand Master
I have had some disasters when trying to turn X-Cut Cocobolo, but if you get to the finish the results can be stunning ... Some lovely pieces in you collection Peter ... :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for posting this information Peter.

I've a few planks of native timber that are quite plain, I`m now thinking of different ways of cutting it to get the most interest from the wood.

Thanks for sharing :up:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).