• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

I said the word F*** before even switching the lathe on

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Right as from the title i cocked up while drilling the hole for my screw chuck i forgot to stop and went to deep so filled it with red resin

so this is a apple bowl about 6 inch

DSCF6871.JPG

DSCF6869.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Woops that is one mistake that stands out like a sore thumb but your not alone Alex welcome to the plonkers club mate we all make em even after a lifetime of turning and you wont be the last

Jim

Grand Master
Unlucky Alex, i know this is no consolation but the bowl you turned has good style, so take heart from the good things that have come from this bowl ... :winking:

MikeD

Registered
Commiserations and welcome to the club.
I saw a bowl on sale where the turner had glued a coin inside the bowl and another on the base - looked quite good. When I asked him about it he admitted he had cut through the base :down:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).