• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Polyster casting resin vs epoxy casting resin

Edward Po

Guys:

I need help, polyester casting resin is not available in my local craft shop, however they do have epoxy casting resin. I understand that epoxy casting resin cannot be polished to a transparent state like polyester resin upon hardening. Is it true, if so is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I'm going out on a limb here, Edward, but I believe that epoxy resin is not 'water clear' I.e. Like glass. You won't be able to get it clear either, but it does take colour well. Perhaps you could try some colours?

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Resins

Edward,

Try contacting these guys they 'maybe' able to help you..:bwink:

TAM International (Singapore) Pte Ltd - Singapore
21 Moonstone Lane, Poh Lian Building #07-03 Singapore 328462, Singapore, Singapore
Contact Person : Martin Koh

Edward Po

I'm going out on a limb here, Edward, but I believe that epoxy resin is not 'water clear' I.e. Like glass. You won't be able to get it clear either, but it does take colour well. Perhaps you could try some colours?

Thank you,
I like to try to cast my various lucky charm including custom laser cut name tinket in silver, thus I really need the 'water' clear result. Of course in the coming future, I intend to try out the epoxy casting resin mixing with colour powder that I used in my course of manufacturing of coloured sand used in the building industry. By then I will surely share the result here.

Edward Po

Edward,

Try contacting these guys they 'maybe' able to help you..:bwink:

TAM International (Singapore) Pte Ltd - Singapore
21 Moonstone Lane, Poh Lian Building #07-03 Singapore 328462, Singapore, Singapore
Contact Person : Martin Koh

Thank you for the contact, I will contact them asap.:wink:

Edward Po

Buy it online they must do it were you are.Frankie

Do you have a store that is willing to sell and shipped to my country? I fully understand that it will cost me all my limbs to do so but I will still consider ordering it because I want to used it to make a surprise birthday present for my wife.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).