• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bits n Bobs

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Decided to use up some more bits n bobs:

Keyrings : unknown drab wood with green wax rubbed into the grain / african Blackwood / unknown wood.
All these bits were in the too small for use but might be useful one day pile.

Cufflinks in African blackwood

Touchscreen stylus thingymajigs - popular with the young apparently.
The first 3 are bits of plastic someone gave me, 4 is zebrano & 5 is padauk I think.

None of these bits were long enough to use on a pen, the stylus things are less than an inch in length.

Confession time: I actually like the 3 bits of plastic I used, first time I've turned plastic but it don't half make a mess!!!

Attachments

• keyrings 1.jpg
    keyrings 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 43
  • keyrings 2.jpg
    keyrings 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 43
  • cufflinks african blackwood.jpg
    cufflinks african blackwood.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 43
  • touchscreen stylus 1.jpg
    touchscreen stylus 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 43
  • touchscreen stylus 2.jpg
    touchscreen stylus 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 43

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Where did you get your stylus thingies from ?

Been meaning to try those.

Sorry very ignorant of me, I do like the cufflinks, look like gemstones. The green wax is effective as well.

Looking for some of these smaller things to help a mate with a craft fair for charity nearer Xmas.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Excellent ideas Steven & a great way to use up odds & ends.:up:

I find the long ribbons of acrylic get everywhere, not only that but the slightest be of static on something & they seem to fly it :rolling:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Excellent ideas Steven & a great way to use up odds & ends.:up:

I find the long ribbons of acrylic get everywhere, not only that but the slightest be of static on something & they seem to fly it :rolling:

Even tho the little bits I used where less than 1 inch long the blooming stuff is everywhere & has turned my lathe pink - got the hoover out straightaway, my street cred would have taken a right nosedive if it had been seen :nonono::nonono:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice collection Steven I have ordered some of the thingamajigs thank you for showing them

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Even tho the little bits I used where less than 1 inch long the blooming stuff is everywhere & has turned my lathe pink - got the hoover out straightaway, my street cred would have taken a right nosedive if it had been seen :nonono::nonono:

Street Cred? When did you order some of that?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Steven,

I dont make bits and Bobs so I have just found a use for the boxes of unknown timbers of various sizes going out of my blank house. They should and do sell well and provide a beaut lead into selling Pens and heck most people dont pester with wanting names of timber for them. Thanks for showing your efforts do well with them.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Your bits and bobs look great Steven .....much better being made into a useful item than being in a 'might come in handy' box

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Agreed. A useful collection to sell on the stall, and a great way of avoiding waste!

Now, is there a good way of recycling all my sawdust?

Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).