• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A couple of JR Gents

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
One of my best customers returned recently asking for a pair of pens for her brother and his daughter. Couldnt post it before just in case they saw it however slim a chance that is, but they should have received them by know, there is an irony here that they were sent back to.........

Sydney!!

The pens are in Redheart and Walnut, finished in EEE Cream and Shellawax friction. They are in the bottom half of the boxes I use to sell my pens in.

Jim

Grand Master
Two excellent pens Neil, the EEE certainly leaves a good finish ... :thumbs: Australia is a fare way to be sending pens .. :wink:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil,
Loved the way you announced the destination of the pens suitable pause SYDNEY AUSTRALIA sounded like announcing the Olympics good on you mate. Neat pair of well engraved pens. I like triple E as well for plastic finishing as well. After triple E I always use a brown wax stick and buff it lasts for years.

You continue to succeed best wishes Peter.:thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I love the finish Neil... I think I would like to get away from the CA finish that I am trying to perfect and move over to friction polish .

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
I love the finish Neil... I think I would like to get away from the CA finish that I am trying to perfect and move over to friction polish .

Ed,

I think that there is a place in a penturners repetoire for both and I think we should name the friction polish the chicken finish. There is a technique to it but I find it easier than the CA which I hate with a passion and cannot master. Good preparation is the key to a good polish finish.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well done, nice catch to ship to OZ..

Really nice pens and well finished, :thumbs: the quality of engraving is very good.:thumbs: but I'm not sure I like them engraved.:nooidea:

Jim

Grand Master
Neil, i made a couple of Olive wood pens earlier this year, i gave them a coat of BLO, left a few days to fully dry then gave them the same finish you have given these pens .. Try it you may be surprised .. :winking:

Nothing wrong with the way you have done these of course, you know i do the same finish, it was just that i needed the grain in the Olive Wood to really show ... :ciggrin:

Ian

Apprentice Member
very nice pens I too would like to know about the engraving was it done by an engraver or did you do it. have you tried EEE over the Ca then polish .

Ian

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).