• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pommelle Sapele

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
This is an absolute B****R to photogrpah. This is a poor shot but the best of a bad bunch. Because ofthe light and dark patches and light thrown on the subject wipes out most of the colour variation and makes it look bland but in reality the wood really looks good.

Jim

Grand Master
Looks good to me in that picture Neil, that is the first time i have seen this wood, the grain looks super .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Neil,

Lively piece of wood mate sympathies from me with photographing some timbers are easy some mongrels. Your pic is soft focussed as well all of this happens to me unless I take charge of the depth of field trying to acheive at least f8 to f11 and then bracketing the exposure when I leave it on auto pilot it drops back to nearly wide open and no depth. The setting I use on my not very expensive Fuji Camera is labelled P that gives me control but auto focus as well. Try a white background in the end I use copy paper for mine.

Following your pens is fun. There was a lot of quilted and figured Sapele about last month here with the WWWood Show dealers very nice stuff like yours. Thanks for showing.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).