• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Nice looking pen blanks

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I accquired these two blanks last week which are about 150mm long and 22mm thick. They do look very nice but i am not sure what pen to use with them. I am looking to use them together and make a pen set of rollerball and fountain pen. What pen kit would you use for these blanks? :thinks:

View attachment 78

Jim

Grand Master
They look very nice Tony, if it was me i would be looking at a pen with accents made of Rhodium, chrome etc .. As far as a pen kit for these i would be looking at either the Statesman or Gentleman's fountain and rollerball pen set ... :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing the final result from these blanks ... :bwink:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Well i finally got to turn these blanks, they are on a gold baron rollerball and fountain pen, thou the picture quality shows as thou they are chrome for some reason. :goesred:

They were very briitle until i got down to the last third of the blank, i then used a spindlemaster to make the shape gave them a micro mesh sanding and finished them off with a coat of Hut ultra plastic polish. :thumbs:

View attachment 94

Jim

Grand Master
They have come out nice Tony, i think i would have used the blanks as a set also. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Tony,

I imagined lots of birds and animal images in the finished product really liked the use of bright colour indeed.

Kind regards Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).