• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Do you regret not taking a photo

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Of some of the early work you did?

If i had taken some pictures of my early turning we could have a real good laugh, most of it went into the waste bin but i did keep some of it for a short while. Some i can't find today (cough, i think the wife binned them) but the biggest regret is not being able to campare with the work i turn today. I am no artist, but i have improved and not so many seem to go in the bin these days. Maybe thats due to the fact i haven't turned much of late. :whistling:

So have you some of your old work, or like me did you bin it. :nooidea:

The Wood Bucket

I don't miss not having photos of my old stuff, but there are some pieces I made and sold quickly(like right off the lathe), and never got a photo of it.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
As you know, m problem is concentrated around having poor photos of work that I've done, but all that is history now..... My DSLR is working again... it was a faulty mem card... :ciggrin:

Jim

Grand Master
I took quite a few pictures of the work i did when i first started turning, i also still have most of the turned items somewhere in the house ... :whistling:

Good to hear your camera is back to life Matty ... :bwink:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
I'm meant to be shooting Saturday, but my children are international karate competitors, and have a training session, so i have to take them, wife is working.. But it means I have Saturday pm free.... I have a commission for a matching pencil and fountain in Yew... i may make a start.

Jim

Grand Master
Your a very busy man Matty, wish i had your energy. :thumbs: Nice to hear that your kids are active, so many this era sat gaming man how times change. Also what type of shooting do you do, i would love to be able to do something like this. :bwink:

Oh and Tony isn't kidding, he does need permission from his wife to go into his workshop. :ciggrin: :ciggrin:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
I shoot in a pheasant syndicate, lamp foxes and rabbits quite a bit, and deer stalk. I'm actually deer stalking Sunday morning.. I have yet to make my quota this year, so i have to make a little extra effort. :down:

I also have ferrets, 2 lurchers, a labrador and a GSD. :goesred:

Turning is something i do in the evenings and times when I cant get outdoors for environmental reasons or family reasons.

I dont have to ask permission to go to my workshop........ I normally get flung out the house :rolling: preceded by :pig: then :bravo:

Jim

Grand Master
Do you get to take home your kills Matty, and if so how do you cook the pheasant? :nooidea:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
depends on my mood..

however, a fool proof method is to take the breasts off the carcass, and pocket them like Kievs.. Fill the pocket with Blue cheese, and tarragon leaves, then tightly wrap in 4 layers of clingwrap film.. poach the parcel in boiling water for twently minute..
guaranteed moist, well cooked bird..

However, i dont recommend you cook the one with spurs like John wayne in this method...:thumbs:

in fact the kids love this method....

they are like tramps on chips when it comes out the pan... :devil:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Fill the pocket with Blue cheese, and tarragon leaves, then tightly wrap in 4 layers of clingwrap film.. poach the parcel in boiling water for twently minute..guaranteed moist, well cooked bird..

Very mouth watering, its made me forget what i came here for. :devil:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).