• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Beall Wheel Buffs

Jim

Grand Master
I was just doing a search for some buffing wheels for a motor i have, the Beall buffs came up so i started reading about them, they do sound impressive but a silly price will stop me buying them .. Anyone using these?

Beall Wheel Buffs

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have some big buffing wheels about 10" loose mop that Brian gave me but I've still to set them up I can send you one if you want it will need a clean up just to get the metal off the edge which wont take to long

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I use the Chestnut system, bought it when it first came out so don`t know now what price it would be.

You can buy mops off the internet cheaper than buying the set, I was just worried about buying the wrong ones, plus with a set you get the mandrels, hard pastes & wax

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Jim the Beal mops are more expensive but they are also a softer cloth than the normal buffing wheels.
Side by side the difference is very obvious that the beal are a far superior qulity.
Having said that the standard polishing wheel is plenty more than adequate for anything we want to do.
We have and use micromesh The beal system is no better than that.

Jim

Grand Master
I have some big buffing wheels about 10" loose mop that Brian gave me but I've still to set them up I can send you one if you want it will need a clean up just to get the metal off the edge which wont take to long

Thanks for that Woody, but 10" is wayyyy to big for me, Neil, thanks for those links they will come in handy for sure ... :bwink: Thanks for the comments guys ...

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian

They were worn out at 10" started at 24" My old silversmith used them when I had my factory I found half a doz while clearing out the unit in a bin.
Kept 2 back for myself but they spin too fast and burn what touches them, need a slower motor meaty enough to turn em in my shed.
Hope you find a good use for them dad.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).