PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a December competion, or should it be January?

Phil Dart
03-12-16, 09:55
It's going to happen - its just a question of when. December is a busy time for lots of us, and you may prefer to put it off for a month, or maybe extend the entry deadline in to January.

There are some juicy prizes on offer for this one, including an Axminster compression mandrel and Mistral pen kits, and even prizes just for entering, so please speak up and don't be shy. The competition needs to be well supported with entries, so please would you post here and tell me when you think it should happen.

Penpal
03-12-16, 11:26
I would like it this month plenty of time so far to prepare.Putting things off not the way to go in my opinion. I feel sad the entries are so few but only one entry per person did my best.

Peter.

GSteer
03-12-16, 12:02
Was there intended to be a Jan competition that this would then flow over onto? If not then I don't see a problem with the deadline being extended to the end of the first/second week Jan.

wm460
03-12-16, 12:14
Keep the December comp, I will attempt this one.:thumbs:

Buckeye
03-12-16, 15:29
It's probably best to extend it a couple of weeks into January so that those who are too busy before Christmas have some time. Those who have the time are not affected by extending it. Even extending it until the end of January might be the way to go.

Peter

Penpal
03-12-16, 19:26
Underwhelming response why not give it a miss.

Peter.

Vic Perrin
03-12-16, 20:13
I've no preference to be honest. I haven't even thought about what to make for this one yet but either way I will get something done in time:thumbs:

Bill Mooney
03-12-16, 20:51
I can understand some being too busy coming up to Xmas. When I had my business there just wasn't plenty time to complete jobs before the holidays so worked long hours so I'm happy to have it extended.

Buckeye
03-12-16, 22:15
Underwhelming response why not give it a miss.

Peter.

Do you mean cancel the competition?

Peter

Vic Perrin
03-12-16, 22:22
Had second thoughts about this. It was listed as a December competition so a December competition it should be. I would not like to see it cancelled. When we talk about being too busy come on be real. A couple of hours to produce a pen for the competition is not too much to ask.

I have entered every competition ( not very successfully I may add :sob:) since becoming a member on this forum. The number of entries for the competitions in relation to the number of members has always been poor. Just look at the November competition only 5 entry's. I fully understand that some members are not interested in competitions and I fully support their feelings. I enter for one reason alone that is to support the guy who puts bags of time and effort into putting that bit extra into the Forum by organising them (Thank you Peter ).

I think that the people who are intent on entering the December competition have their plans on what they are going to do and are preparing to meet the deadline regardless of other pressures that they may have at this time of year.

Please let things stand as they are and leave the competition deadlines as they were originally planned.

Buckeye
03-12-16, 22:31
Had second thoughts about this. It was listed as a December competition so a December competition it should be. I would not like to see it cancelled.

It may be extended. With so much on offer as prizes it would be a shame if there were only 5 people enter the competition, I would prefer to see it cancelled than to see another competition with only 5 entrants, but that's just my opinion.

Peter

Phil Dart
03-12-16, 23:24
Guy's guy's....there is no question whatsoever of cancelling the competition!

I simply asked for feedback as to whether folks would prefer to see it deferred until after Christmas, or whether it should go ahead in December as planned, and if that were the case, would it be useful to extend the entry deadline a little. I don't know where the notion of cancelling it came from - it is not going to be cancelled.

There is money in the kitty to fund some substantial prizes with which to end the "competition year" and I for one would like to see as many entries as possible. Members' opinions matter, because its the members that are the whole point of this forum. Hence the question - to seek the opinion of the members.

Buckeye
03-12-16, 23:49
I think extending the End Date will give those who work for a living a chance to join in.

Peter

Penpal
04-12-16, 00:56
When I was working I packed far more into a day than now, I come back to my thought and reasoning a thousand words have been invested in a December Competition, I go on record to say clearly Competitions are not my cuppa. I base this on along period of running, adjudicating, participating.

In fairness to Peter I have entered each one this year to support Peter who has given incredible time and effort to this project, no regrets.

To back down or delay is simply putting off a decision I made months ago to enter the December Competition in December. Either way I will submit my pen this month in good faith.

Best wishes for Christmas, sure we will not postpone that. I make an appeal for entry from as many as possible to prove loyalty to the forum not persons.

Peter.

fortress
04-12-16, 09:59
What is the theme, or have I missed something? :thinks:

Buckeye
04-12-16, 10:19
When I was working I packed far more into a day than now, I come back to my thought and reasoning a thousand words have been invested in a December Competition, I go on record to say clearly Competitions are not my cuppa. I base this on along period of running, adjudicating, participating.

In fairness to Peter I have entered each one this year to support Peter who has given incredible time and effort to this project, no regrets.

To back down or delay is simply putting off a decision I made months ago to enter the December Competition in December. Either way I will submit my pen this month in good faith.

Best wishes for Christmas, sure we will not postpone that. I make an appeal for entry from as many as possible to prove loyalty to the forum not persons.

Peter.

:funny::funny::funny:

Peter

Penpal
04-12-16, 10:42
:funny::funny::funny:

Peter

:goesred::goesred::goesred::goesred::goesred::thum bs::thumbs:

Dalboy
04-12-16, 11:02
With the way things are going for me at this time of year extending would be a great option but then it takes it away from being a Christmas competition. Unfortunately I have not been able to enter the last couple of competitions that Peter he done a great job on one to running out of time and the other being laid up and only just getting back in to the shed to turn some simple bits.

As it is because of being laid up I am now 3 - 4 weeks behind on finishing some presents luckily they don't need to be sent and I started them early enough so I should be able to complete.

yorkshireman
04-12-16, 12:31
I've a few things ongoing for family at the moment but hopefully will find time to show something