• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tool Heaven?!

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
Not a woodturning only event, but still tomorrow I'm going here:

Kempton Park Tool Exhibition

However, anything I buy will have to be offset against some sort of bribery payment to the Better Half, so either way it's going to be expensive!

My question to the Board is, given £200 to spend at the tool show tomorrow, what would you get?

I know what I'm looking for, but would be interested to see what you would all make a beeline for!

Gav

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
The D&M show is excellent, its been years since I went to one, I used to go regularly when buying hand held power tools etc for my business.
They used to have a turning demo tent which was good for a rest if you could get a seat & watch a "pro" turning.

I be interested to hear what you think of it Gav, whether they still have a turning side & if they are offering much in terms of discount. It used to be really well attended by both the manufacturers & the punters, hopefully it`s still going strong.

As for spending £200, I`d quite like an outrigger for my lathe, after buying that I`d only have a penny left :rolling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Snap Doug I have discovered I need one to make a platter but Im going to improvise for now I'm spent out aint not got £200 LOL

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
My shopping list is topped by a thicknesser/planer at the moment, was offered one at £100 two months ago as the owner had predeceased the delivery and it was still boxed but technically second hand, one of lifes regrets not snapping it up.

Gav

Registered
First Name
Gavin
There is a demonstration there by Record for turning, so I'll be there for that, can't see me getting much in all honesty, the £200 was hypothetical!

But I am on the lookout for a bandsaw!

And maybe, if the deals are really good, i'll upgrade my current lathe.......

2013-07-16 20.07.05 - Copy.jpg:wink:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Gav,

Enjoy the show, I'm sure that you'll get lots of advice on Bandsaws, I've got an Axminster 250N and a 450N, both have given excellent service, if you want it to cut pen blanks and small stuff then I can recommend the 250N, a very sturdy little workhorse, but there are others as equally good I'm sure! Service levels second to none, spares despatched at 24 hours notice.

Jim

Grand Master
Now that is a gathering of the best tool manufacturers out there, i would love to joining you Gav, but i wouldn't know what to spend the £200 on, i want so much ... :down:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).