• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Belt up!!

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
My little Axminster belt and disc sander is not the world's most refined machine and the racket it made used to drive me bonkers (well that's my excuse anyway). I found that the main cause of the clattering was the body of the belt mechanism rattling against the adjusting stop. Solution: a sticky backed felt pad stuck to the adjusting plate. Peace at last!! ( well, a tolerable noise level anyway)

I posted this just in case anyone with a similar machine longs for a quieter life.

IMG_8254 by walter.hall, on Flickr

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
My little Axminster belt and disc sander is not the world's most refined machine and the racket it made used to drive me bonkers (well that's my excuse anyway). I found that the main cause of the clattering was the body of the belt mechanism rattling against the adjusting stop. Solution: a sticky backed felt pad stuck to the adjusting plate. Peace at last!! ( well, a tolerable noise level anyway)

I posted this just in case anyone with a similar machine longs for a quieter life.

Think I might be able to utilize that idea on my band saw table.:thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil

Put it between the wifes molars, didnt work.

Jim

Grand Master
Nice find Walter, i can relate to noise problems, they sure do drive you mad ... :pray:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).