• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Swirl Blanks Ready For Turning

Jim

Grand Master
The first job i did today once i had the lathes ready for use was drill these blanks they are now prepared and ready to turn tomorrow ..

These blanks are the Swirls which were casted by Stuart (Incognitouk) .. :wink:

swirl_pen_blanks.jpg

swirl_pen_blank.jpg

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Looking promising Jim, I can't see that new workshop staying clean long. :sob:

I`m hoping to get some "new to me" kits turned tomorrow, spent parts of today at the engineers supplies shop buy new drill bits as I hadn`t got any the right size for the bigger brass tubes, then it was over to my engineer mate who's turned me a couple of sleeves so my barrel trimmer fits said brass tubes........I only wanna turn some pens :idontknow:

Look forward to seeing the results of your labours

Jim

Grand Master
Looking promising Jim, I can't see that new workshop staying clean long. :sob:

I`m hoping to get some "new to me" kits turned tomorrow, spent parts of today at the engineers supplies shop buy new drill bits as I hadn`t got any the right size for the bigger brass tubes, then it was over to my engineer mate who's turned me a couple of sleeves so my barrel trimmer fits said brass tubes........I only wanna turn some pens :idontknow:

Look forward to seeing the results of your labours

haha, its all turning for me Doug, i have been through what you are doing at the minute ... Just a word of warning thou .. It never stops .. :shocking:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
They look very interesting cant wait to see the end result good luck mate

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).