• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Compatible Mandrel Systems

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
I have always used Turners Retreat kits so have always used their Evolution Mandrel System, I would like to try some Timberbits pen kits and would like to know are the kits compatible with the Evolution System.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
The standard 7mm. System and pens are mostly the same, you will be able to buy kits from any suppliers with that mandrel.

The only ones I ever heard had problems with was the axminster mandrel, I'm not sure if they have changed them now but I know at one time there Mandrels were an odd size.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have the axminster one and all bushes are ok on it so they seem to have got it sorted now

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I also use the Axminster mandrel and have not had any probs at all with any kits and their bushings ...so far.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I use an earlier version of that Evolution Mandrel but still from Turners retreat, all the bushing & kits I've had from Timber Bits fit a treat.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).