• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Jr Gent

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
This Acrylic blank is one of several blanks Jim was kind enough to send me as the prize for making the 20K post, thanks very much mate. :thumbs:

Set on a Jr gents chrome rollerball kit from TB, this is a first for me in the larger barrel pen kits but certainly not the last :bwink:

I've also tried to incorporate the advice on taking & editing my photos, thanks again for all the info, just think I need to practice a little more now.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is very nice Doug very very nice even and a better photo to boot you will be turning bowls soon LOL :funny:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Yes, very nice indeed, Doug! And don't worry about the bowl blanks - you'll make so much money selling these pens - then you can buy a forest! Easy, right?
Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Doug it's rare that I will comment on a plastic pen other than to say nice fit & finish etc, but you already know that.
If I want a plastic pen I'll a fawpny bic.
I am no expert but trying to help with your pictures I suggest you crop even more, and get the composition to fill the photo.
Minimal background, keep it plain white / black nothing else.
Still abit more to focus the whole pen unless you want to emphasis a nib or specific area.
Once again a little gimp hope it helps.
SAM_0885_zpsdef89249.jpg
SAM_0881_zpsa619e174.jpg

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Beautiful Doug :claps: ..I have a thing about green acrylics :nooidea: I just luv 'em. So it seems does lots of others too. I have sold more vintage fountain pens in shades of green than any other colour, so I try never to pass a green pen by when on the look out for stuff to renovate.

Ed

Jim

Grand Master
Nothing wrong with that Pen Doug, very well finished indeed ... :thumbs:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for the comments chaps, much appreciated.

Jim, just realised I posted this in the wrong section, do you wanna move it? :duh::duh::duh:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).