• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen of the week - 16 Jan 2017

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
A brand new feature for the forum - Pen of the Week, and what better way to start than with the very worthy winner of the latest competition

Red mallee burl on an Executive pen kit, turned by fingwe

Congratulation on your win Melanie, and on Pen of the Week.

Dec 16 comp - entry 13a.jpg

See all the winners HERE

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Woohoo! Thanks Phil for letting me know about this, and featuring my pen as pen of the week! What a great welcome to the forum :love_it:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
First you get a first in the competition and now you are the first to get a Pen of the Week well done.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
It is a beautiful pen, and a well deserved win.
The banner shot on the homepage is massive on my laptop though, and I can barely see it:thinks:

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Congratulations Melanie. Not without its responsibilities though - you have to choose next weeks winner!! Get turning folks - Melanie calls the shots for next week.

The banner shot on the homepage is massive on my laptop though, and I can barely see it:thinks:
Yes, I'm aware of the problem Neil. I'm working on it:whistling:

Midnight_Turner

Registered
First Name
Miles
A brand new feature for the forum - Pen of the Week, and what better way to start than with the very worthy winner of the latest competition

Red mallee burl on an Executive pen kit, turned by fingwe

Congratulation on your win Melanie, and on Pen of the Week.

View attachment 32700

See all the winners HERE

Hi Phil, how do we enter? Also the link doesn't work at the bottom of the page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hi Phil, how do we enter? Also the link doesn't work at the bottom of the page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've already entered Miles - you've posted a pen this week. This week's winner gets to choose next weeks winner from all the pens that have been posted this week. Next weeks winner gets the same honour of choosing the winner for the following week from all those posted next week. And so it rolls on. Does that make sense?

I can't replicate your problem with the link I'm afraid - it seems to be working for me. It does open in a new window though, which you might not have spotted.

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Thank you so much everyone!

I must admit, I'm getting a bit sick of the sight of it now, and you must all be too!! :goesred: Sorry, it will soon be next week, and we'll have another pen to look at instead!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).