• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen of the week - 23 Jan 2017

Forum Phil

Minder of the cogs & wheels
Registered
First Name
Phil
This week's Pen of the Week is chosen by Fingwe.

Segmented Omega fountain pen, made by Johnny5 using tambotie, pink ivory and pau amarello, with a Dymondwood sandwich down the middle, highlighted by styrene inserts.

Fingwe said " I thought it was a great use of different coloured woods, segmented into a complex and eye catching pattern"

16143296_1227559330654683_1773549254499733766_n.jpg

Johnny5's original thread is here. http://www.penturners.co.uk/wood-turned-items/18976-segmented-omega-fountain-pen.html

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Wonderful choice of pen for this week, expert, masterful joins and choice of materials, clean,repeated highlights. See my previous comments on Johnny5,s original thread.

Peter.

johnny5

Registered
Thanks everyone for choosing me it is indeed an honour amongst everyone who posted ,
i really enjoyed making this pen blank , never let the enjoyment become a chore , I love this Hobby and enjoy making new and different styles.
my next one was not as good as this one so lady luck was on my side , so practice , practice & practice , add that to a little bit of luck & most of all keep enjoying what you do.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).