• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ash Platter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
This is the platter Jim and I have been disusing as a yearly award in memory of George the next stage is David (jimjam) has kindly offered to engrave it Brian was going to engrave it but it turns out that it is to big for his ncn machine it will read (the George Wilson award 2013) in the middle of the platter then I will give it a finish and it will be donated to the forum and will permanently remain the property of the forum.

It will be given out each year to the compo overall winner seeing as the engraving in the middle of the platter each winner can have a shield engraved with there name and date fitted to the rim
I have purposely kept it plain so that the honor will stand out and be the main attraction, God bless you all

I considered it a great privilege doing this and I hope you all like it and the idea behind it and join in the compo each month.
DSCF1616 (2).JPGDSCF1618 (2).JPGDSCF1619 (2).JPG

Jim

Grand Master
That is a great looking platter Woody, and a big thanks to yourself and David for making this happen ... :bwink:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Yea thanks to all who made this possible and participate in the competition may the best pen win.
Love the homemade outrigger dad.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yea thanks to all who made this possible and participate in the competition may the best pen win.
Love the homemade outrigger dad.

It was all made from wood you left here on the open day so thank you Brian LOL

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I forgot to mention it will be given to the winner of this months compo to keep till next year that is providing it is finished in time if not it will be sent out ASAP it will also be the responsibility of every winner to post it of to next years winner so get going and put those lovely pens in gents you have to be in it to win it LOL

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you gentlemen I cant wait to see it when David has done his magic on it

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Yes but it will need people to enter the compo to make it work and then it will be a fitting tribute to George

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Woody,

This is without doubt a work of art to which many of us would aspire other than Steven of course who get lumps of curiously shaped wood and coats them in a coat of blue Dulux gunge.

I am however most concerned that you have been watching Gung wok, or Go Wong or whatever that Vietnamese fashion fairy is off the box, you have lost the waistcoat in your latest Avatar, the world is changing but there was no need to move so quickly, I just wont recognise you.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).