• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas commission

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is so good Terry got to be the best ever aint you glad you listened to the old codger LOL

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Jeez, Terry, that is a truly lovely pen indeed. Like Woody says, this could be the best yet! A real stonker!!!

Tell us more about that Polygem. And is that kit from Timberbits?

Bob.

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thanks for the comments Mick and Bob.
Bob the Polygem is from Turners Retreat and at our open day my missus overheard Woody talking about it so she put a few pieces in our basket. Thanks Woody for the info.
To be honest Bob it looks far better in real life !!!!!

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Thanks for the info, Terry. You too, Woody.

I keep looking at the pen, and it is this sort of inspiration that got me interested enough to try my hand at pen-making. I love it!

So, what do I do? Buy some Empress kits or the Roman Harvest style? I think the Empress is too big large, but is the RH any smaller?

Bob.

Jim

Grand Master
Beautiful pen Terry, well finished also .. Some lucky person will be very proud to carry that pen about for sure .. I have a couple on order along with some pen cases ready for the Xmas rush ... :bwink:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thanks for the info, Terry. You too, Woody.

I keep looking at the pen, and it is this sort of inspiration that got me interested enough to try my hand at pen-making. I love it!

So, what do I do? Buy some Empress kits or the Roman Harvest style? I think the Empress is too big large, but is the RH any smaller?

Bob.

Bob the Roman Harvest is definitely smaller and is a quality pen. I have recently made an Empress and to be honest I wouldn't give it house room !!!!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).