• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Laburnum Dish (yeah, another one!)

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, guys,

As threatened, here is another dish from my diminishing stock of laburnum. This one is only 4" x 2", and is an indication of how little of this brilliant wood I have left.

Bob.

Laburnum dish 3.JPGLaburnum dish 2.JPGLaburnum dish 1.JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Another nice one Bob...just love that laburnum .And to think that I chopped down a 50 year old laburnum and skipped it just a couple of months before I took to this turning thingy.:sob:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Thank you, Woody!

Ed, You skipped it? Oh no, you should be burned in purgatory! But I know what you mean - when I think of all the wood I should have kept it makes me wanna weep! LOL!

Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Another nice one Bob...just love that laburnum .And to think that I chopped down a 50 year old laburnum and skipped it just a couple of months before I took to this turning thingy.:sob:

bloody great plonker

Jim

Grand Master
Very nice piece of turning Bob, i would love to have seen this piece with that grain in a 12" or bigger bowl .. :ciggrin: Very nice ... :thumbs:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Yeah, so would I, Jim!!! Unfortunately all I have is stout branches which, when cut down the middle, are about big enough to turn 6" max bowls.
Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).