• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A few small beech bowls

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I won a few planks of Beech on ebay 5" and 6" wide both 2" thick so I cut them up this morning and turned them first photo is before lunch
DSCF1663 (2).JPG

This is after lunch all have a polish finish there arebfour 8 sided bowls 4 square four 5" round and four 6" round what a good day
DSCF1665 (2).JPGDSCF1664 (2).JPG

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Blimey, Woody! If I do one bowl a day it's a miracle! You should have worked for Harry Lebus back in the old days!!!

Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Back n full swing dad don't overdo it init?
Is this to restock the xmas shop all sold out?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Back n full swing dad don't overdo it init?
Is this to restock the xmas shop all sold out?

Dont know about restock but it is stock to sell at Christmas mate I think that's about it for now on to Vases and pens next

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Only 1/2 a day Richard I didn't start till 12 pm Its quite easy once you get a system going all the outsides first then all the insides also being beech they didn't need much sanding in fact some didn't need any sanding at all thats why I was able to do so many in such a short time

Jim

Grand Master
I wish i had half your energy Woody, your like a production line .. :bwink: Not forgetting the nice job you made of the bowls ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Blimey, I managed 2 pens & 1 lidded bowl yesterday & I didn't have to make the lid either - we are all being shown up by an ol codger with a dodgy ticker - oh the shame :thinks::thinks:

See you young whipper snapper us old uns can still show you not so young ones a thing or two :mooney2::mooney2::funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).