• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Snow

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just driven from south wales back up to north wales. With the snow the bottom half of the country is in a bad way, I was lucky to get out and had to come back into england and go up the M5. Severn crossing is now shut and the roads in general are in a bad way. Still I got here in one piece.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
The news has just said it is going to get worse mate, good to hear you got home safe. :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
aye, wales looked pretty bad......
makes a change, its normally us that gets it bad......

I drive a landrover normally, (the wife has commandeered it...) left me with a rear wheel drive car on slicks......... great to get around with :thumbs:
gonna have to get a lift to the shoot tomorrow..

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Photo-0010.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
You seem to have a lot more than we are getting at the moment, snow is an horror to all transport here in the UK, surely we must learn from other countries if as they say our weather is only going to get worse the coming years ... :down:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hopefully we have seen the last of it here, it has begun to thaw, so it is very watery around here at the minute. :bwink:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Drove from South Wales to Wrexham yesterday afternoon. Clear a run all the way till I got within 5 miles of home then I hit the snow. Main roads passable but 8 inch of snow on the ground. Got into our estate OK in the 4x4. Just had a look out of the window and there's 9 inch of snow on top of the car and its still snowing. The wife has just announced she needs to go shopping in Wrexham. At least it won't be crowded.

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Drove from South Wales to Wrexham yesterday afternoon. Clear a run all the way till I got within 5 miles of home then I hit the snow. Main roads passable but 8 inch of snow on the ground. Got into our estate OK in the 4x4. Just had a look out of the window and there's 9 inch of snow on top of the car and its still snowing. The wife has just announced she needs to go shopping in Wrexham. At least it won't be crowded.

Waking up to 5" of snow is of little relevance after reading your predicament matey. :goesred:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Just tried and failed to get the car out of the drive. So being the devoted husband that I am I've just walked a mile through it all to get to the corner shop and stock up with food. Looks like its too cold to turn pens and I've got 4 orders as well.
Still snowing!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).