• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello!

Mr Finch

First Name
Coll
Reading a thread that George started, I felt a little guilty that I had registered and not introduced myself. So, here I am!

After 20 years or so of not turning at all (I am 41 btw!) my Dad gave me his Coronet Elf and all the tools and unfinished projects to go with it.

Installed it in my workshop over the summer and have turned *something* every day since.

So far I have made about 30 pens, all slimline, a few goblets and some green bowls that I am waiting to dry. Also made a big mess in the workshop - I had forgotten how many shavings you get from a green bowl blank! Thankfully a friend keeps lots of bunnies and takes the uncorrupted shavings off me. :)

I have just ordered a load of kits from Timberbits and once I can get hold of the drill bits I have a pair of Jr Gents, one FP and one RB to make.

Thanks for a great forum, I look forward to settling in and eventually taking part on the competitions and discussions on here. :)

All the best for now

Collin

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Collin and welcome to the plonker forum feel free to make a mug of yourself most on here do except me aint that right Terry

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Welcome Colin, it is good you decided to join in it can only help this growing community please share your work with us. :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Collin ..welcome . There are no nasty pastys on this fourm ,but as my reputation states I am the only really nice person here. :wink:

Regards Ed

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Collin ..welcome . There are no nasty pastys on this fourm ,but as my reputation states I am the only really nice person here. :wink:

Regards Ed

He has to say that because he is the plonker secretary only because nobody else wants the job just humor the poor ol git he cant help it

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Welcome Collin ignore this bunch of nutters.
Have a look ariund and read the archives of knowledge available to you here.
Then ignore that too and make your own mind up.
We are having a meet up on Saturday at the new Axminster store in Basingstoke, come along and show your boat it's not fsr from you init?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).