• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen of the Week - 7 August 2017

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
This weeks Pen of the Week chosen by Bill Mooney is the Omega RB in Alder Burr made by GeordieB.

Bill said "I've looked at some cracking pens this week and the decision has not been an easy one but the one I keep coming back to is GeordieB's alder burr.
I like the natural beauty and the turning and finish is superb"

Here is the link to George's original post - http://www.penturners.co.uk/wood-turned-items/20258-alder-burr.html?highlight=Alder+burr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 64

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Under turned on both pen and blank, very poor finish and a bad match between kit and blank. Shite finish and a poxy looking photo.

Only joking mate it's a stunner :kiss:

GeordieB

Registered
First Name
george
Thanks for all the kind words Guys and a big thanks to Bill for picking my pen a lot of credit should go to Jim tho the blank is the star :thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
It seems I made the right choice I'm pleased to say.
I see Vic's had his binos out again. :face: I can't see details like underturned shite, me eyes is not gud enuf.:funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).